Today’s leg session – nothing short of epic. I feel beasted, broken, border-line dead. I’m not sure if I need to throw up or pass out. At the helm of this was the Internationally acclaimed Aussie-Janner, Adam Scott; give him a follow on Instagram – livedirtyordie.Today’s running order:
• Hamstring curls – 2 warm up sets – 4 working sets of 8 reps.
• Smith machine Squat – 2 warm up sets – 4-5 working sets of 8 reps – good form and range of motion.
• Hack Squat – warm up set. 3 sets of 12 reps – focus on range of motion.
Cue legs shaking and blood filled limbs…
• Seated Leg press – 3 sets of 20 reps – On this, foot position was more akin to a calf raise – raising the heels up with toes planted (Plantarflexion) to focus in on the inside tear-drop of the quad (Vastus medialis).
• Single leg Hamstring Curl – 3 sets on each leg – 12 reps.
• Leg extension – 1 set of 50 reps – very low weight. F$%^ killer.
Long and short of this, I learnt a hell of a lot and now see there’s so much more that I need to bring into my leg sessions. A wheel chair is one …
We talked about the aim of the session in the car and the focus was never pure weight and getting in those ‘Bro Lifts’. Volume, range of motion and form are the key parts – as well as pushing yourself to failure.
Word of warning, Adam would out bro lift most bros in that gym, probably with better form too. Me? I got out squatted by a young lady. Fair play, good for her, decent form too!
Normally I’d have used this as an opportunity for some decent filming or photo’s but got pushed to the point where I looked like I needed A&E – so you’ll have to settle for my word and some nice image that I’ve nabbed off of the internet (I write this with a mild smirk on my face).
I’m off to source a huge amount of carbs and good food in the hope that I’ll be able to walk and drive tomorrow.
To anyone looking for a change in their leg routine, I recommend sampling the above, but also having a partner to push you the extra 5%.
And follow livedirtyordie – he also likes dogs…woof.